Are you tired of planning your daily run around weather and traffic conditions? Sick of working out in sweaty, crowded gyms? The best home treadmills solve all of those issues, eliminating many of the barriers that stand between you and regular exercise. And if your setup is conducive, you may even be able to read, watch TV, take a phone call, or get a little work done while you're on a home treadmill.
Home Treadmills FAQ
1. What Makes a Treadmill Suitable for Home Use?
Residential treadmills tend to be lighter in weight, and less expensive than the commercial models found in most professional gyms. Some residential treadmills are even foldable, meaning you can take them apart and store them when they're not in use.
2. What Should I Look for When Selecting a Home Treadmill?
One of the most important things to check out is the size of the running area on the treadmill because the amount of running space varies from machine to machine. Ideally, you want a treadmill that has a running space that's at least 50 inches long and 20 inches wide. Taller individuals may prefer an even longer running space. Since the treadmill will be in your home, you should also consider the noise level of the motor. And if you're tight on space, be sure to take measurements and make sure the overall dimensions of the treadmill will fit in the space you have in mind for it.
3. How Important Are Higher-End Features on a Treadmill?
Today's best home treadmills offer lots of amenities, including heart rate monitoring, Bluetooth connectivity, fitness apps, tablet holders, and more. Some of these features will make your workouts more enjoyable. Others will make it easier for you to track your performance and your overall fitness level. Treadmills with lots of amenities tend to cost a little more, so think about which perks you would benefit most from, and shop accordingly.
4. What Is the Maximum Speed I Need on a Treadmill?
For most individuals, 10 mph is a sufficient top speed. Serious runners may prefer having a maximum speed of up to 12 mph.
5. Is a Treadmill a Good Exercise Option?
Treadmills are a terrific exercise option. Walking or running on a treadmill puts less stress on the body than exercising on cement. Plus, the convenience of having a home treadmill means regular exercise might be easier to work into your schedule. Walking, jogging and running on the best home treadmills strengthens the heart and helps with weight loss. These forms of exercise also boost mental health.
6. How Will My New Treadmill Get Set Up?
New treadmills usually involve some assembly. Ask if delivery and assembly fees are covered as part of the cost of the treadmill, or if those services come with an additional fee. It's also a good idea to ask about the warranty. The frames of many of the best home treadmills have lifetime warranties.
How We Reviewed
To develop our list of the best home treadmills, we started by reviewing many of the top-selling models. We evaluated each one, taking into account amenities, warranties, prices, and overall value.
Overall Price Range of the Best Home Treadmills
The best home treadmills more expensive come with amenities like built-in workout programs, Bluetooth connectivity, and the ability to interface with fitness apps.
What We Reviewed
- Lifespan TR1200-DT5 Treadmill Desk
- NordicTrack Commercial 1750
- Sole Fitness F80 Folding Treadmill
- ProForm Pro 2000 Treadmill
- LifeSpan TR4000i
- 3G Cardio Pro Runner Treadmill
- NordicTrack T 6.5 S
- Bowflex BXT216
- Horizon Fitness T101-04
- ProForm Performance 600i
10 Best Home Treadmills
Lifespan TR1200-DT5 Treadmill Desk
- The tr1200-dt5 treadmill desk workstation is a combination of LifeSpan's under desk treadmill base and manual height...
- The compact and motorized running machine measures 68.5" x 28.5" (L x W) with a large desktop surface area of 38" x 29"...
- High capacity and quiet 2.25 HP electric motor with a 20-by-50-inch walking surface. Portable wheels for lightweight...
4.2 out of 5 stars
This treadmill desk, which has a lower maximum speed than traditional treadmills built for running, is best suited for those looking to combine exercise with everyday productivity. The treadmill has a speed range of 0.4 to 4 mph and 6 hours of continuous running time. It also has advanced features like Bluetooth connectivity, Intelli-Step and Intelli-Guard. The treadmill's 2.25-horsepower motor is smooth and quiet, and the controls are easy to understand. It has a weight capacity of 350 pounds.
This treadmill comes with a lifetime frame warranty, a 3-year motor warranty, a 2-year parts warranty, and a one-year labor warranty.
NordicTrack Commercial 1750
- Interactive Personal Training at Home powered by iFit; gain access to on demand, interactive trainer led global and...
- 10 inches HD Interactive Touchscreen Display can stream personalized iFit workouts (membership required, sold...
- 12 percent OneTouch incline control, 12 MPH SMART OneTouch speed control; spacious 20 x 60 inches tread belt
3.1 out of 5 stars
This treadmill comes with 38 customizable workout programs and iFit technology, which simulates outdoor exercise by displaying different routes through Google Maps. This treadmill has a maximum speed of 12 mph and can be set to both decline and incline in a range between -3 percent to 15 percent. Cushioning technology works to prevent injury during workouts. This treadmill has a weight capacity of 300 pounds.
This treadmill comes with a lifetime frame and motor warranty, a 5-year warranty on parts and electronics, and a 2-year warranty on labor.
Sole Fitness F80 Folding Treadmill
4 out of 5 stars
This treadmill offers many of the features of commercial-grade treadmills. It has a speed range of 0.5 to 12 mph and an incline of up to 15 percent. The treadmill also boasts a full array of features, including built-in workout programs, a heart rate monitoring option, and an iPod/MP3-compatible sound system. It has a weight capacity of 375 pounds.
This treadmill comes with a lifetime warranty on the frame, motor, and deck, a 5-year warranty on parts, and a 2-year warranty on labor.
ProForm Pro 505 CST Treadmill
4.2 out of 5 stars
This treadmill has a maximum speed of 12 mph and can be set for both declines and inclines within a range of -3 percent to 15 percent. The treadmill comes equipped with iFit technology, which simulates the experience of outdoor exercise by displaying routes through Google Maps. Four shock absorbers cushion the impact on joints.
This treadmill comes with a lifetime warranty for the frame and motor, a 5-year warranty for parts, and a 2-year warranty for labor.
- The tr4000i electric treadmill by LifeSpan has foldable and portable capability that turns this motorized running...
- Heavy duty and high capacity 3.25 HP motor with a large 20" x 60" walking belt surface, and 15 levels of adjustable...
- Quiet and lightweight manual fold for storable and space saving purposes in your office or home. Console tracks time,...
3.3 out of 5 stars
This treadmill offers 15 levels of incline and comes equipped with 21 workout programs. It also interfaces with Google Fit, Apple Health, and other fitness apps. This treadmill has a patented safety feature that pauses the belt if you step off for 20 seconds or more. The treadmill has a weight limit of 350 pounds.
This treadmill has a lifetime frame and motor warranty, a 5-year parts warranty, and a 2-year labor warranty.
3G Cardio Pro Runner Treadmill
- Small enough to fold up and store in the corner of a room with a 40” x 35” dimension without having to disassemble.
- Has a built in heart rate interactive pulse monitor and an optional wireless HR chest belt.
- Our Orthopedic Belt will get you moving with it’s large 20.5″ x 58″ running space.
4 out of 5 stars
This treadmill offers a unique three-screen display that simultaneously tracks heart rate, progress on a dot-matrix track, and overall workout performance. This treadmill has a maximum speed of 12 mph and a maximum incline of 15 percent. It has a weight limit of 350 pounds.
This treadmill comes with a lifetime frame and motor warranty, a 5-year parts warranty, and a 1-year labor warranty.
NordicTrack T 6.5 S
- Stat tracking - Real-time performance stat tracking that is perfect for keeping you motivated and engaged.
- Get the training you want with 20 built-in workouts designed by a Certified personal trainer to help you achieve your...
- 2. 6 CHP drive System
4 out of 5 stars
This treadmill has a speed range of 0.5 to 10 mph and an incline of up to 10 percent. It comes equipped with 20 built-in workout programs as well as iFit technology, which simulates outdoor exercise by displaying routes through Google Maps. A FlexSelect cushioning system makes it possible to turn cushioning on or off. This treadmill has a weight capacity of 300 pounds.
This treadmill comes with a lifetime warranty for the frame, a 25-year warranty for the motor, and a 1-year warranty for parts and labor.
- Introducing Bowflex JRNY, the personalized coaching technology that integrates with your BXT216 to create daily, custom...
- Stay engaged by exploring dozens of virtual courses and stunning trails that automatically adjust to your running speed...
- Motorized incline up to 15% to vary workout intensity
3.5 out of 5 stars
This treadmill has a top exercise speed of 12 mph and a top incline of 15 percent. It's equipped with a 9-inch color display and can be programmed for up to four users. This treadmill has a weight limit of 400 pounds.
This treadmill comes with a 15-year frame warranty and a 5-year motor warranty.
Horizon Fitness T101-04
- Rated a best “Value Buy” for walking by the Good Housekeeping Institute and by the Treadmill Doctor as one of the...
- Folding treadmill with speeds up to 10 MPH, incline to 10 percent, 20 x 55-Inch running area. Assembled Dimensions: 70 x...
- 30 program options including: manual workout, 10 Step-goal workouts, 10 distance-based workouts, 6 calorie-goal workouts...
3.7 out of 5 stars
This treadmill has a quiet motor designed to withstand lengthy workouts without heating or slowing. The treadmill has a speed range of 0.5 mph to 10 mph and can incline up to 10 percent. Sturdily constructed, this treadmill is equipped with cushioning technology and comes with pre-loaded workout programs.
This treadmill has a lifetime frame and motor warranty, a 2-year parts warranty, and a 1-year labor warranty.
ProForm Performance 600i
- 60-inch length gives your legs plenty of room to stretch out your stride
- 20 x 60 tread belt, proshox cushioning, space saver with easy lift assist, IPod Compatible audio
- CoolAire workout Fan, EKG grip Pulse, 325 lb Weight capacity
3.4 out of 5 stars
This treadmill has a speed range of 0.5 mph to 12 mph and can incline up to 12 percent. It comes with pre-set workout programs and iFit technology, which simulates outdoor exercise by displaying different routes through Google Maps. This treadmill has an iPod/Mp3 compatible sound system and a weight capacity of 325 pounds.
This treadmill comes with a lifetime frame and motor warranty, a 2-year parts warranty, and a 1-year labor warranty.
There are a wide variety of treadmills available. Some, like the Lifespan TR1200-DT5 Treadmill Desk, are among the best home treadmills for those trying to combine exercise with everyday productivity. Others, like the Bowflex BXT216, are among the best home treadmills for those who are looking for a serious workout. With a full slate of amenities, higher-than-normal weight limit, and a color display, the Bowflex BXT216 works well for athletes of all sizes looking for both quality runs and exercise equipment with value. The ProForm Performance 600i and the NordicTrack T 6.5 S are among the best home treadmills for those just starting to exercise regularly.
Last update on 2021-07-31 at 05:08 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API